When Gringo's makes the media shuffle, we want you to know. Click on our news releases below to see what's new with us.
- Gringo’s Champions Location Undergoes RenovationGringo’s is growing! Soon, this location will feature multiple televisions and a generous dining and bar area for guests to comfortably enjoy.
- Houston Press Profiles Gringo'sThis lively, noisy, family-friendly, Houston-based chain offers reasonably priced Tex-Mex favorites and margs. The free soft-serve ice cream is guaranteed to put a kid at almost every table. Be sure to check out the homemade tamales and the tortilla soup.
- Gringo's Buys Valued Associate New Home after FireJust days before Christmas, Raul Gonzalez, a valued associate of Gringo's for almost 10 years, saw an outpouring of community support after his home caught fire. Gringo's contacted a mobile home retailer to purchase a new home for Gonzalez and his family just in time for the holidays.
- Gov. Rick Perry Attended Early Voting Rally at Gringo's ChampionsThe Texas governor attended an Early Voting Rally, held at Gringo's Mexican Kitchen on October 23, 2010 and gave supporters the opportunity to hear him speak before the gubernatorial election that was held November 2, 2010.
- Expanding the Tex-Mex FamilyGringo's Mexican Kitchen purchased 1.61 acres of land located at the intersection of U.S. Highway 290 and Mueschke Road in Houston, Texas with intent to develop.
- A Tequila Tasting DinnerWe proved that tequila has come a long way from the hang-over inducing protocol of salt, shot, lime and repeat. Gringo's hosted a Tequila Tasting Dinner that included tequila-inspired cocktails and a delicious 4-course meal.
- Giving Back to Associates with Contest for Chevy CamaroTo thank associates for their hard work during the holidays, Gringo's held a “Deal or No Deal”-style game at “The Original” Pearland restaurant where associates had the choice of staying in the game to win the Camaro or hoping their envelope contained cash instead. Crystal Childs held out for the car and was the lucky associate who had the correct car key, winning $25,000 toward a 2010 Chevy Camaro.
- Gringo's Takes Top Honors for Favorite Restaurant MargaritaThe consensus is in, and Gringo's Mexican Kitchen took home top honors for favorite restaurant margarita in Texas, based on 2009 visitor votes from MargaritaTexas.com.
Here's our press kit, for all you media gurus out there. [download PDF]